Thursday 11 April 2013

Frida's Fiesta Ensalada

A quick recipe! Tonight I made what I'm calling Frida's Fiesta Ensalada. It is muy bueno. This recipe made enough to feed 6 people, or 2 people, if one of those people is my husband. You could add leftovers to a rotini or fusilli type pasta for a southwestern pasta salad, or toss in a tortilla with refried beans and cheese. Or you know, whatever you want. What the hell do I care? ;)

Ingredients:

Greens
1 diced mango
1 diced avocado
1 cup of corn
1/2 zucchini
1 pepper (I used an orange pepper, but red would be good, too)
2 cloves minced garlic
About a cup of tomatoes (I used baby tomatoes cut in half, but like, whatever)
1/4 cup crunched up tortilla chips (I used black bean garlic ones, which are goddamn delicious)
Your choice of salad dressing (I used avocado chili dressing with cumin and lime added)
S & P, to taste

Mic everything together, except for the greens and crushed tortilla chips.
Toss with dressing.
Add greens and tortilla chips.

Eat yer damn dinner!






No comments:

Post a Comment