Friday 4 January 2013

Oh, right, I have a blog.

I'm not one for New Year's Resolutions, but here's one anyway. I will go to the gym! I will remember that I have a blog! I will come up with things to post! My three faithful readers, I will try not to disappoint you!

I hope everyone's holidays were full of love, friends and family. And the most important thing of all... presents! (*SORT-OF-JUST-KIDDING!*)

I was thoroughly spoiled and did my best to spoil everyone in my wake. My gifty friend J (who has great taste) went nuts and got me (amongst other things) a great piece of art by Jon Todd, a pillow in the shape of a bat and a Day of the Dead bath towel. My sister A bought me a beautiful cowl and the Day of the Dead bottle opener that I wanted so much, but couldn't justify! My cousin's boyfriend Sean McLachlan had me in the Christmas draw (which I rigged so we could get each other...secret's out.)  He's a great young artist and it was well worth rigging the draw and facing Grandma's wrath as S gave me a beautiful woodcut print of a map of Portage & Main that he made, plus a bound journal and a groovy magnet for my spectacular magnet collection. I got him a small piece by Jordan Van Sewell. I was on the receiving end of a great JVS piece myself, which my husband bought for me. He has great taste in wives and art. One of my other fun house gifts was the new industrial style coffee table from IKEA from my aunt L. My very sweet and generous in-laws bought me a gorgeous, cozy sweater and showered me with jewelry. I saw my super friend Lil' A today, and she gave me a groovy Day of the Dead ring and Day of the Dead top. I'm pretty sure there's a Dia de los Muertos theme going on, and I'm liking it!

My dad, stepmom and mom all got me gift certificates to IKEA and Home Depot, though it almost killed my dad to resort to giving me gift cards. (He's a very generous and gifty guy...it's a family trait.) But it's what I asked for so I can FINALLY start this house project! (More in my next post! I've gotta string this stuff out to keep the three of you coming back for more.)
Great artwork by Jon Todd, thanks to my friend J.







IKEA PS 2012 coffee table, from my aunt.



Day of the Dead corkscrew from my sister A.

Jordan Van Sewell wall piece, thanks to my fella.




Another fabulous gift. Woodcut image by my friend Sean McLachlan.

Bonus! Fossil handbag...looks like an acid trip with handles.







No comments:

Post a Comment