Friday 16 March 2012

Living Room Reverie

I showed you my dream dining room, so the living room is clearly next. My computer blew up last night, so I'm not-so-sneakily updating the blog from work. I'm pretty sure that's what Fridays are for, right? Hopefully my husband is taking our computer in to the Mac repair place as I write this, but I'm pretty sure he's purposely ignoring my calls, not wanting to spend this gorgeous day hauling a computer around. He's a little less interested in communication with the outside world than I am. I mean, I'd rather slam my hand in a car door than talk on the phone for longer than 10 minutes a day (my sister A excluded!), but I will facebook the shit outta you. Update: C (very grumpily and begrudgingly) says he's taking the computer in right now, after a frank and semantic discussion about "need." While I panic about the state of my G5, you can enjoy these far-out photos!

Dreamy.

Okay, maybe I like white walls SOMETIMES, but wow! Look at that sofa!

A Kathy Ireland-designed room in Ojai.


Loving this Bloomsbury-Group-Faux-Starving-Artist vibe. ;)

Intensely coloured wainscotting is something I don't see enough of.

How cheery and charming is this?

Oh, that blue!

Re-Dyed silk carpet (Out of the question at my house. Damn cats!)

Ridiculous couch!

The kind of couch I want....

....and the kind of couch I always buy at a thrift store,  steam clean and throw a cover on. I mean, the kitties are gonna rip it to shreds anyhow.

I have a similar bench.

Pretty fly cat bed. (Okay,  my cats DO have one of these, in blue.)

Suzani print chair. Again...not gonna happen.

I have a couple of these side tables.

And I've got a handful of these in various sizes.

Love this old cart as a coffee table.

I have one of these in my basement, just waiting for a home.

I also have two of these in the basement. My basement is gross, but it's full of tightly wrapped treasures.

My four faithful readers know how I love these peacock curtains,  which are in my studio.

But I also like this style (I mean, technically, I think this is a shower curtain, but I'm sure you're pickin' up what I'm layin' down. Man....I wish I were laying down right now.)

I like these, too, but I have an unbelievable number of curtains. 

A grouping of these over head would really float my boat.

2 comments:

  1. I love the peacock curtains, where do they come from????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Sarah! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I'm at the mac store for a fix. The curtains are from Pier One, so easily accessible! They're nicely lined, and pretty well made. I think they were about $45-50 per panel.

    ReplyDelete