Tuesday 27 March 2012

J's Birthday!

My dear pal J had her birthday party on Saturday night and I had to show you the gifts I got her! We all had a great time at the party, spoiling the lovely birthday girl, harassing our hosts' teenage daughter, snacking, going over the plans for D&T's new kitchen (hmmmm...potential blog post?) and enjoying our baker-pal extraordinaire's birthday cake. This time M made a three-layered white cake of some kind, with homemade caramel icing, topped with a sprinkling of shaved sea salt. And homemade vanilla ice cream. That's one dreamy dessert! Too bad you can't have any! ;) But you can take a peek at her birthday gifts!

Salt and Pepper cat paws from Ladies and Gentlemen Studio. Just the right amount of macabre.

A copy of my favourite design book!

I think this glow-in-the-dark paperweight I picked up at the ROM store in Toronto was the hit of the evening, with the other guests wishing I'd bought more, and all of us crowding into a dark room to oooh and ahhh.

This wombat pillow I had made for J made her laugh til she turned red. It's from PillowMob and they'll put any photo you like onto a pillow and ship it to you. You should get one. They make surprisingly hilarious gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment