Saturday 3 March 2012

Hotel Fort Garry


My friend Miss E and I are off for our annual girls' night at the Hotel Fort Garry. We'll throw our stuff in our shabby-genteel-chic room, then check in at Ten Spa for our pre-treatment hangout in their fantastic lounge. E's favourite part is the round canopied chill zone (maybe I should put one of those on my dream house list...) My favourite part is the champagne. Okay, and the canopied chill zone. I love the hamam, but tonight we've booked manicures, so laborious colour choices are in my future. (Which seems to be a theme with me as of late!) After working so hard at the spa, we'll decide on dinner, rent a terrible chick flick, call the front desk to tell them that the movie and/or tv doesn't work, order another movie and later fall asleep in our super plush beds. (Mmmmm, Tempurpedic beds with down pillows and duvets and 900 thread-count sheets. So nice.) The rooms themselves vary, many being of the down-at-the-heels-but-head-held-high variety but there's something so lovely about staying at the Fort Garry. My husband and I had a beautiful room there right after our wedding, but I suspect that my lovely and convincing friend T (Miss E's mom) may have called and requested an upgrade. She's quite fab at getting things done...like the time she, J and I stayed there for their Spa/Yoga/Sleepover package. T had them set us up with a two-room suite, and we promptly locked ourselves out of one of the rooms. Let's just say that I knew that reading every Nancy Drew book would eventually impact my everyday life.

The other great thing about the HFG is their epic Sunday brunch, and let's not forget that the hotel may be haunted by a ghost bride...






Hotel Fort Garry

Hamam room
E's favourite part of the spa...the round lounge zone




Palm Room

Dessert after breakfast? Beauty idea.







No comments:

Post a Comment