Friday 9 March 2012

Sweet dreams are made of saris


After dreaming about a ridiculous guest room I thought I'd share some photos that'll inspire my own bedroom. No, my husband has no say in this. He can have his own room! With room for comics, and his own bathroom, and a bed where his wife doesn't hog the covers and wake him up by angrily shouting "Stop fucking SNORING!" every 26 minutes. I am such a catch, you guys. (UPDATE: More on kantha/sari bedding in my more recent post, here.)


I've had this in my inspiration file for a year. No idea where it came from! I don't love every piece, but I do love the feeling it evokes.




Anthropologie bedding. $$$$$:(

Sari pillow from Pier 1. (I've got one!)
Rustic East Indian side table.

Beautiful suzani print pillow, also from Pier 1.


Fortuny-style tiered lantern.


Moroccan screen.

Painted East Indian side table.


Peacock curtains from, you guessed it...Pier 1. I have these in my studio, and I  really love them.

Re-dyed silk carpets.

It's purple, velvet and tufted. What's not to like?

Moroccan pouffe.

I have every intention of building a headboard like this (this year!)

Antique toran. (I have one that's similar in my foyer at the moment.) 
Multicoloured banjaras for the walls. I've got a whackload of these. Most of them are nail-gunned  to my bedroom ceiling.













No comments:

Post a Comment